What is Propel?
What do you like best about Propel?
Propel is a very configurable solution that we have been able to tailor very nicely to our unique needs and to create workflows and data structures to support and facilitate our business processes. Having all the functionality of a QMS and PLM in a single solution provides great data continuity across the solution. Further, having it built on Salesforce allows for a customer-centric QMS/PLM if Salesforce CRM is also used. This is very unique and just how a QMS/PLM should be.
What do you dislike about Propel?
The configurability of Propel is a bit of a double-edged sword. It is a great strength but does require the user community and IT admin at a company to really think through what is being built to ensure it is appropriate and scalable. The only core part of Propel we have found lacking is the training module. Propel offers read and understand training to documents with a quiz but is not a full blown LMS solution with engaging training content or SCORM capabilities.
What problems is Propel solving and how is that benefiting you?
We use Propel to manage our Document Control and PLM, Complaints and Adverse Event reporting, Calibration and Maintenance of Equipment, CAPA & NC, Supplier Management, Read & Understand training, and audit management.
Propel PLM Software is a philosophy, processes, and discipline to supported by software for managing products through the stages of life cycles, from concept through retirement.
Product Life-Cycle Management Software, manufacturing often cite benefits:
- Higher engineering productivity
- Lower product costs
- Higher product quality
- Shorter ECO cycle time
- Less scrap and rework
The Propel Software are built core product lifecycle management capabilities based on Salesforce Application Cloud’s foundational elements, like as workflows management, reporting and dashboard, and group collaboration. It’s easily quick to add new custom objects, fields, and relationships schema with to simple point and click. Organization security, user security, programmatic security and visibility to all come standard so you do not have to worry about in the software product.
- BOM Management
- Manufacturing Integration
- Flexible Categories and Lifecycles
- Revisions and Redlines
- Engineering Change Orders
- Complete Audit History
- Project Management
- Task Management
- Dashboards and Reporting
- DeveloperPropelPLM, Inc.
- TypeProduct Lifecycle Management (PLM) Software
- Client OSWeb
- DeploymentCloud Hosted
- Starting Price$90/user/month
User Reviews of Propel
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use Propel? Have you considered it as part of your software evaluation process? Share your perspective by writing a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!
- Immediate Collaboration: Propel PLM offers a collaboration accessory that’s equipped with whole data transparency, teamwork across the entire company, blended analytics and full access control. When users connect people, systems and procedures with this tool, they can make better business choices and rupture project silos.
- Interchange Information: Users can use the collaboration tool to employ relevant upgrades in user adoption rates. These upgrades will enable users to swiftly trade information with the sales, services and product groups to get their merchandise out to the market sooner.
- Create Edits and Cancellations: This program offers enhanced adaptability, clarity and efficiency when contrasting and supervising product versions. Users can review and compare revisions without interrupting workflows. This accessory enables users to effectively cancel any product traits such as bill of materials (BOMs), pricing, product catalog attributes and structure rules to specifically pinpoint what changed and where.
- Administer All BOMs: Users can use the BOM management tool to safely share their current BOM information and cooperate with several internal teams, suppliers and partners connected to the product’s lifecycle. Users can plot and conceive all product options and features to formulate the ideal business decisions.
- Manage Changes and Revisions: Propel PLM’s change management accessory enables users to adjust the precise approval work procedures and monitors product updates throughout the entire value sequence. Users can seamlessly evaluate and validate workflows from their phone, tablet or laptop thanks to Propel PLM’s cloud-based deployability.
- Task and Project Accomplishment: Users can supervise and trace project accomplishments with Propel PLM’s active collaboration and data transparency. This module can assist users in supervising project schedules and collaborating with suppliers, internal team members and manufacturers. Users speed up production by recognizing and rectifying the precise causes of delays and downtimes.
- Integrate Computer-Aided Designs (CADs): Propel PLM can integrate with on-premise or cloud-based CAD solutions to produce parts, BOMs and change orders. This integration permits users to expedite time to market, dwindle errors, reinforce innovation, gain prompt teamwork, automatically formulate parts and receive thorough 3D CAD visualization.
- Oversee Costs and Profits: Users can deplete costs and boost profits with effective design, supply chain maximization and precautionary maintenances. Propel PLM traces, supervises and studies material, prototype, labor, maintenance, production and supply chain so users can assess product growth and linked profit margins.
- Intricate Analytics: Propel PLM’s analytics capability enables users to collect and review cost information received from distributors and manufacturers. Users can input this information into a BOM to examine and compare costs throughout various products and time intervals.
- Lawful and Environmental Compliances: Users can comply with stock-keeping units (SKU) and global trade item number (GTIN) regulations by managing adjustments, regulation requirements and allocation principles. This module ensures a product is sold in global markets by cooperating with local market requirements. Users can also verify compliances with environmental specifications such as restriction of hazardous substances (RoHS), waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE), registration, evaluation, authorization and restriction of chemicals (REACH), China RoHS, joint electron device engineering council (JEDEC), Japanese Green Initiative and Conflict Minerals standards.
- Some features require more lengthy learning times than others.
- It is occasionally difficult to find the right document or file with the search tool.
- It can be challenging to export or print files with the software.